Maxim graduated with honours from the Law Faculty of the St Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences. At the beginning of his legal career, Maxim worked in-house providing legal assistance to a further education institution before moving a few years ago to work at a law firm.
Maxim has extensive experience in the following areas:
• Intellectual Property;
• Data Protection and the regulation of e-commerce and the internet;
• Media law and the protection of commercial reputation;
• Providing commercial law assistance, including to IT companies;
• Court and arbitral proceedings.
Maxim’s clients have included Russian, overseas and international companies from the automotive industry and in the IT and property sectors. Maxim has also provided legal assistance to global franchises entering the Russian market.
He has successfully represented the interests of clients in court, including in the Intellectual Property Court.
Maxim is an active participant in international, Russian and regional academic, practical and business conferences, in particular those relating to intellectual property, the IT sector and e-commerce.
Maxim has authored a number of articles in professional publications and provided expert commentary to business media.
Maxim speaks fluent English.
• Consulting large international holding companies on matters connected with the storing and processing of personal data of Russian citizens.
• Legal assistance with a transaction involving the transfer of rights to a popular internet site with traffic of more than 100,000 unique visits each day.
• Providing legal support to international and Russian franchises.
• Successfully represented the interests of a database manufacturer in cases involving claims brought by a developer of a well-known legal research service.
• Developing a legal scheme for the provision of financial services by an international company via the internet.
• Representing the interests of a client in Court and with Roskomnadzor with the aim of having information classified as unlawful and sites distributing the information blocked.